- ‘Tom and Jerry’ is listless and unfunny March 3, 2021
- ‘Judas and the Black Messiah’ is the urgent black story of 2020 February 24, 2021
- A24 manufactures another masterpiece in ‘Saint Maud’ February 19, 2021
- ‘Little Things’ great but eclipsed by classics February 8, 2021
- On ‘Tenet,’ ‘Fury Road’ and the end of blockbusters January 29, 2021
Tag Archives: #open bar review
In which I desperately grasp for deeper meaning in 1993’s Tombstone, and Paul does not.
In which Paul and I discuss the 2016 Best Picture winner, La La Land Moonlight.
Paul and I discuss the merits and flaws of Westworld, Anthony Hopkins’ effort level and J.J. Abrams’ role as the scourge of storytelling.
The Hateful Eight is a double-edged sword. Everything to like about it is also something to dislike. The film is a bottle movie, with eight — nine, including the carriage driver — strangers snowed into a lonely coffee shop a few … Continue reading