- ‘Ghostbusters: The Force Awakens’ and fandom as performance November 25, 2021
- ‘Eternals’ vibrant plot full of big ideas held down by MCU-enforced technical weaknesses November 13, 2021
- ‘Dune’ is not a complete movie November 4, 2021
- ‘The Last Duel’ a brilliant work of storytelling, period action, and a nervous apology November 4, 2021
- ‘Halloween Kills’ lumbers dully, aimlessly through theaters November 4, 2021
Tag Archives: J.J. Abrams
2/10 In the aftermath of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, so many disillusioned fans were demanding deep and specific revisions that the proposal to make a different version of the installment for each individual viewer became a running gag. It … Continue reading
Paul and I discuss the merits and flaws of Westworld, Anthony Hopkins’ effort level and J.J. Abrams’ role as the scourge of storytelling.